Last week I finished my boulevard melon patch, which is nice because this senorita is running out of steam. And I use the word “melon” to include gourds, because I’m too lazy to type “melon and gourd” patch. nevermind.
The black strip is composted manure. Since I didn’t have the energy to dig more than one planting bed, I’m hoping the compost will be rich enough to sustain the four or five gourds. *sigh* maybe I should dig another bed. You’ve convinced me.
I didn’t realize that the generic light-colored mulch that I was using was not pine bark…so when I bought a bag of pine bark down the street and opened it to find a rich, dark brown bark, I was a bit surprised. If I were more creative and had the time and ambition I might make the two-shades of mulch into a funky design. But I don’t. I tell you, juggling the day job, running home to garden, researching gardening, eating, and hoping to find some time to blog about the gardening is really wearing on me. So thank goodness my conversion is basically FINI.
I still have to figure out where to put three tomato plants that I just don’t have the stomach to not include. Maybe I’ll sneak a couple on the boulevard…